Thursday, November 6, 2014

While I Was Shopping

This evening, just as I was about to pull into the parking lot of the grocery store, I noticed that a big, peachy, perfect full moon was rising over the trees ahead of me. So when I had parked the car, I stood in the parking lot for a while watching it, because so often when I see something like that I am in a hurry, or the moon is about to set, or I'm driving down a two-lane road with no shoulders so I can't stop. People were rushing in and out of the store. I don't know if anyone even noticed the lovely thing, so when a young woman got out of the car next to me, I said, "Look at that," and she did, and she said, "Oh, that's beautiful." Then after about half a minute she went on to the store, but before she went in, I saw her turn around and look at the moon.

A few minutes later inside the store, I was looking for something on the shelves and a little girl about 5 years old rode past me in a shopping cart. We exchanged hellos, and then she said, "You look pretty," which, I assure you, I did not. But I think maybe she was seeing the moon on my face.

AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment