Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Novena to the Sacred Heart

I'm out of pocket at the moment and may or may not have time to write this week, but I wanted to mention that today is the day to start a novena to prepare for the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the 12th. 


I know that several of my readers do not care for this devotion, but I would like to propose that you pray it anyway. There's a link to one written by Padre Pio above. It is scriptural and doesn't have a lot of the flowery language of many novenas.

I had intended to write more about what the devotion really is, but just don't have time. One thing I will mention is that Our Lord said exactly the same things to St. Margaret Mary that He did to St. Faustina, so if you have a devotion to the Divine Mercy, there's very little difference.

AMDG

1 comment:

  1. How can I get your picture of the Sacred Heart? Can I purchase it from you? This is my favorite portrayal of the Sacred Heart. It's subtle showing of his heart is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete