Sunday, July 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home Away From Home

So, this is where I live at the moment.


The little street that leads down to the corner where there is an expensive grocery store cum deli.


Miss Cordelia's, the aforemention store where I am sitting and drinking a coke so I can use the wi-fi.


What it looks like from my seat.



So, now we have been here a week. Yesterday, we went to the house to see how things are coming along and I was going to take a picture, but it was so depressing, I didn't have the heart to do it. The chimney is down. That's about it. It's a good thing we have a nice place to stay, even if it is a bit like living in Downtown Disney World. 

On the other hand, it's very relaxing here, and much closer to work, so I'm feeling very much more awake than usual. This is good because my job, although wonderful, wears me out. I do really love the job.

Okay, time to go. I have no internet access at my temporary home, and I'm really busy at work, but I'll try to get back soon.

AMDG



2 comments:

  1. I always used to fantasize about living down there, though "Downtown Disneyland" is about how it feels. The little Montessori school is way, way too cute to be an actual school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought I'd like to spend a week or so there. The idea of getting up and strolling down to Miss Cordelia's and then walking down to the river was pretty intoxicating. Of course, now I leave for work before Miss Cordelia opens, and it's too darn hot to walk down to the river. Still, it's much, much, nicer than a hotel and it's nice to have friends close. And being able to go down to Bill and Ann's and drink a glass of wine before bed without having to worry about who's driving home (always I) is nice.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete