Monday, April 9, 2012

Queen of Heaven Rejoice, Alleluia


One reason that I am posting this is that every year I forget to switch from the Angelus to the Regina Coeli until we are two or three weeks into the Easter season. This way I'll be sure to remember.

Queen of Heaven Rejoice, Alleluia.
For He Whom thou didst merit to bear, Alleluia.
Has risen as he said, Alleluia.
Pray for us to God, Alleluia.
Rejoice and be glad, O, Virgin Mary, Alleluia
Because the Lord is truly risen, Alleluia.

Let us pray,

O God, Who through the Resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, has vouchsafed to make glad the whole world, grant we beseech Thee, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, his Mother, we may attain to the joys of eternal life. Through this same Christ our Lord. Amen.

This is the way I say it. Apparently, nobody on the internet says it exactly the same way as I do, but then, everybody seems to have a slightly different translation. So, to be entirely accurate, I will give you the original version.

Regina coeli, laetare, alleluia: Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia.
Resurrexit sicut dixit, alleluia. Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.

V. Gaude et laetare, Virgo Maria, Alleluia,
R. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.

Oremus: Deus qui per resurrectionem Filii tui, Domini nostri Iesu Christi, mundum laetificare dignatus es: praesta, quaesumus, ut per eius Genetricem Virginem Mariam, perpetuae capiamus gaudia vitae. Per eundem Christum dominum nostrum.
Amen.

And if you want to learn how to chant it, you can do so here.


Thanks to Craig for finding these chants.

AMDG

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I always forget to switch to Regina Coeli at this time of year. I also have a terrible time remembering the melody of that chant. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to learn it, and I still can't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, today I did remember, but it wasn't because I saw it on the blog, and I will tell you why. I wrote this two days ago and scheduled it to post today, or so I thought. Actually, I scheduled it for August 9.

    I don't have any trouble with the melody, but I keep getting the end of that prayer entangled with the prayer from the Angelus and some other things, so it comes out kind of messy.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete