Thursday, May 10, 2012

Julia's Catholic Sister~Womanhood According to the LCWR

Conservatives seem to be having a lot of fun with their own version of Obama's Julia, but this is the first version I've seen that takes the original seriously. The LCWR's Junia is a woman to watch out for--seriously. Well, this is a satire, (stupid me. It's a good thing I'm a good sport, Larry) but still it's pretty obvious why Archbishop J. Peter Sartain has been called on to try to straighten out the LCWR. He's a good, good man. I've known him since he was first ordained. I used to see him often at night in the church sitting in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Pray for him. He's also embroiled in a battle with his own priests in Seattle over gay marriage. Pray for him some more.



AMDG

3 comments:

  1. The sad thing about satire in our time is that the first two slides of the Junia presentation are really not even an exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I feel like a complete idiot, but I was thinking just that. I knew that Sr. Heidi whatever was not real but it was early, early and I shouldn't have written anything in a hurry, and then later when I started thinking about it, I was too busy to do anything.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just took you to be writing tongue-in-cheek, as it were. If you hadn't changed anything, I'd be none the wiser!

    ReplyDelete