Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Taking the Easy Way Out

Well, we left the house early and just got home, and I have driven probably 150 miles today just getting us where we needed to be, and it's bedtime. If I tried to write what I was planning on writing, I would do a terrible job, so I'm taking the easy way out.

First I will show you what a fun time my husband had at the hospital yesterday. He gave me permission to do this. In fact, he almost encouraged me to do it. So here he is before the operation.


That black smudge above his eye is not left over from Ash Wednesday. It's the mark the doctor made so that she wouldn't operate on the wrong eye by accident. I will say, however, that that is almost exactly what my ashes looked like. I felt quite lopsided.

And here he is after...


...with his evil wife using him as grist for the mill which is her blog, which is pretty much the way she treats everything in her life.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
On a more serious note, here is a link to a wonderful Lenten reflection by Cecelia O'Brien. Within that reflection, you will find another link to a poem by her husband, Joseph, which is also wonderful.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And then there's this. If it doesn't make you smile, you are too grouchy.


And now, goodnight.

AMDG

6 comments:

  1. Wishing your long-suffering husband a speedy recovery!

    I've been in and out of hospital myself over the past 2 weeks -- pneumonia with complications. I haven't actually had to stay overnight, but I've been making lots of trips to imaging, etc. Happily I'm feeling much better now! Thank God for good doctors and antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craig. He's doing very well.

      I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick, and glad to hear that you are better. Hopefully winter will go away soon, which I am sure would make you feel better right away. Even here, it was below freezing last night.

      AMDG

      Delete
  2. Glad to know that Dad is doing well. Also, I'm not sure the Tonight Show has ever had such a multi-talented host before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he came through Round 2 all right -- wishing him a speedy, smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete