Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Should These Demands Be Ignored, a Tragedy Beyond Your Imaginations Will Occur"

Erik, aka, Phantom of the Opera.

This

About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green.
is the rest stop on I-55 just north of the TN-MS state line. It is about halfway between my home and work. I stop here almost every day on the way to work. I am famous here. When I got a new car, the guys said, "Hey, you got you some new wheels."  When I stopped there on a Saturday, they said, "Hey, why are here on a Saturday?" It's kind of like being Norm in Cheers.

And it really is the cleanest rest stop in the history of the world. One of the guys keeps the paper towels rolled down so you don't have to touch the little handle. I suppose that is why it has to go. I've know for some time now that they were going to tear it down and replace it (It shouldn't take more than two or three years.), but today they were waiting for me to tell me it was going to be torn down Monday. Rats.

Now I will just have to become one of the thousands of nobodies who feel guilty about using the restroom at McDonald's because I'm not going to buy anything there.

And honoured among rest stops I was princess of the exits.

AMDG

1 comment:

  1. I need the gmail bouncing-up-and-down laugh graphic.

    ReplyDelete