Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Few Things

Photo Credit Teresa Love
When I posted this picture a couple of years ago, I called the post Hungry Birds. Now I know I was wrong. What this is is a picture of my blog. No matter how much you feed it, as soon as you turn around, it's demanding more. I imagine that anyone that writes a blog must feel this way occasionally.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This evening, I looked out my kitchen window and saw this in my back yard, 

so I thought I'd go get a picture. Unfortunately, the picture is blurry. This might be because as I was standing in front of the door of the chicken house to take the picture, I heard a loud buzzing and realized that the chicken house was filled with big, fat bees. Now, these bees never bother anyone--unless you are bothered by having a big, fat bee hover in front of your nose--but still, hearing hundreds of them makes me a bit nervous. They might be having a bad day. And then, as I was turning around to go back to the house, I heard something rustling in the grapevines and a little rabbit hopped out and bounded away. 

I do love violets (yes those little purple blobs are violets), though, even when they are blurry. I like little delicate flowers much better than big showy ones.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One day I was driving along and it looked like someone was trimming the sky with lace.


You can probably see the lace effect better if you click on the picture.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The transept of St. Paul (where I work) can be entered from either side of the church through a small glass vestibule. If you go in at just the right time of day, the sun illuminates the door in such a way that you think you might encounter the Holy Spirit when you go in.


And well you might.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I was living in the condo this summer, St. Anne kept following me around. She seemed to be everywhere, even in my friends' condo. 


This is in a grotto attached to one of the churches downtown where we went to daily Mass.


This one, which I love, belongs to my friend. It's about 2.5' tall, and obviously fairly old. She keeps talking about getting it repaired, but I like it very much the way it is.


This one is hers, too. She has a pretty amazing collection of statues and icons.

Then I found a St. Anne medal which I've had since the 75th anniversary of St. Anne parish where we used to live, but which I haven't seen in a long time, and there is a wonderful statue where I work, too. Since she seemed to be trying to get my attention, I've been asking her everyday to pray for my children and grandchildren and godchildren and assorted others.

And that's all for now.

AMDG

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the church doors.

    And you're right: a blog's appetite is endless. I find that if you just ignore it, it eventually quiets down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could see it in real life. It's much better.

    Don't ignore it too long. I will be sad. And of course, how I feel is the most important thing.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and insights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the picture of the door looks even better when you click on it.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete