Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Few Things

O Adonai
O Lord of Lords
And Leader of the house of Israel,
Who appeared to Moses in the bush's    flaming fire
And gave to him the Law on Sinai --
Come to redeem us with outstretched arms.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A Dream

I dreamt of a cat,
   A moon-colored cat,
      That ran through the fields.

It ran down the path
   Through the tall, tawny grass
And the cat had a boy that was almost a man
   And the boy had coat,
       A coat that was blue like the Prince with the fox.

And they ran down the path through the tall, tawny grass,
   The path to my grandmother's yard
      Where the peonies grew,
         White with a touch of blood at their hearts,
             Smelling like the Holy Ghost,
                Waiting to be picked to grace
                   The altar of the Mother of God.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
While I was writing my post yesterday, I was thinking about a happier Advent, and that was the year that my son, my only son, Michael, was born on December 16. I can remember walking around the house singing, "For unto us a son it born ...," and being filled with delight. Another Advent, about four or five years later, Michael was walking around the house singing the Messiah, too. He had mistaken some of the words and instead of singing, "Every valley shall be exalted," he was singing, "Everybody will be exhausted."  I guess he was hearing what he was experiencing. I still think he's pretty delightful.

AMDG

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, thanks for sharing! God bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both, and thanks for visiting. I hope you will come again.

    AMDG

    ReplyDelete