Sunday, December 2, 2012

The First Sunday of Advent ~ Emptiness


For quite some time now I have been planning my posts for Advent. I've been reading Caryll Houselander's Reed of God, and intending to quote some of what she has to say in this book about Mary and Advent, and then adding some of my own thoughts. The first thing that she talks about is emptiness, not a barren, shapeless emptiness, but a space that is formed and waiting to be filled. Well, at the moment, I don't have much to offer besides that first, barren kind of emptiness. My weekend has been filled with so many things to do and think about, good things for the most part, that I haven't had time to put two thoughts together. I can't even write the post that I had planned about the pilgrimage because of an irritating quirk which makes it impossible to get my picture off my phone until I go to work tomorrow. It's finding a still space in this busyness that Miss Houselander writes about, and hopefully I'll be able to do that soon. 

AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment