Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Walk

We took a walk this afternoon for the first time since last Saturday. I'm sure that I will know about it tomorrow. These pictures were taken in the field that's across the street from the end of our road, and on our street on the way home. Before I had a job, I used to walk in this field all the time, and I've been wanting to get back out there. Today was the first chance I've had. Unfortunately, it was too muddy (in the middle of the horrible drought) to get far, but it was pleasant while it lasted. This field was planted in cotton in the summer and the first picture shows the place where the great, big, truck-sized bale of cotton sat before they hauled it off.


I liked the pattern in the ice in this puddle. When I looked at the picture, I noticed it has a rather ghostly shape.


There were quite a few of these big, yellow berries (if they are berries) around. I don't know what they are, but they go well with Bill's hat.


As you can see, most everything is gray and brown--I like it that way--but there's still some color here and there.






Nice and Christmas-y


Evidence of conifers for Craig.


AMDG

1 comment:

  1. "ghost" was the first thing I thought of when I saw the ice picture.

    ReplyDelete